Learn more about the exciting unite! opportunities available that help engage your students in building and developing their career plans.
unite! is an online tool which helps students and career-seekers achieve their future career goals by bridging the gap between school and the work world. unite! creates a platform in which area students and job-seekers can actively interact with area employers and career coaches with the goal of:
- Helping students find relevance in what they are learning in the classroom
- Engaging students early in thinking about their careers
- Making a positive impact our region’s graduation rates
How does the program work?
unite! is a web-based career preparation and readiness platform. By integrating career development tools, social media elements and workforce data into a seamless system, job creators, students, educators and parents can connect efficiently and effectively. Students interested in a career can connect with real companies and real-life professionals in that career area. The system, which is powered by a licensed product called Career Cruising, provides a customized information sharing and resource gathering environment where students/job-seekers can:
- Learn about area companies that offer jobs and careers in their area of interest
- Participate in career discussions with an online mentor/career coach from that company
- Further interact with that company by participating in other Work-based Learning Activities, such as job-shadowing, internships, company tours, and summer employment
How can educators participate?
- Make sure your school is licensed with Career Cruising. If you or your school are interested in participating in unite! please contact us.
- Volunteer by signing up to be an online mentor/career coach in education or another field of study. Do you have expertise in a particular career field? Would you like to share your experiences with interested students and job seekers? Contact us at info@ILunite.org for more information.
(Please note: Activities involving student contact require a background check before your account is activated. For more information on the terms, please click Terms-and-Conditions )