Parent & Guardians – Get involved in your students career development. Get involved!
unite! helps your student achieve his/her career goals by bridging the gap between classwork and the work world. unite! creates a way for students and job-seekers to actively interact with area employers and career coaches. By encouraging your child take advantage of the tools, you can help them discover their career path and attain their career goals.
How does the program work?
unite! is a web-based career preparation and readiness platform. By integrating career development tools, social media elements and workforce data into a seamless system, job creators, students, educators and parents can connect efficiently and effectively. unite! is a web-based program which connects a student’s career interests with real companies and real-life professionals in that career area. The system, which is powered by a licensed product called Career Cruising, that provides a customized information sharing and resource gathering environment where students/job-seekers can:
- Learn about area companies that offer jobs and careers in their area of interest
- Participate in career discussions with an online mentor/career coach from that company
- Further interact with that company by participating in other Work-based Learning Activities, such as job-shadowing, internships, company tours, and summer employment
How can a parent participate?
- Help your child use the tools/resources available (sign up for a student/parent account by contacting your school office). To learn more about how you can participate, view the following short video.
- Encourage your employer to participate in unite! (have your employer follow the instructions on the Employers page)
- Sign up to be an online mentor/career coach in a particular field of study. Do you have expertise in a particular career field? Would you like to share your experience with interested students and job seekers? Contact us at info@ILunite.org for more information.
(Please note: Any activities involving student contact require a background check. Once the check is completed, you will receive an email with details on getting started! For more information on the terms, please click Terms-and-Conditions)